West Woodhay Village Hall was built in 1899. For many years it was known as the “Village Institute”, but it was actually shared by the Women’s Institute and the British Legion; the latter used it once a week, essentially to play snooker, but this was killed off when Television became generally available.
The Hall is now registered as a charity (number 270303), and is used by organisations such as the Young Farmers, the Kintbury Gundogs, and local schools; it serves as the Polling Station at Election time, and of course it is used for parties.
The Village Hall can be booked by phoning West Woodhay Estate Office on 01488 668 269. There is a kitchen and there are toilet facilities and ample parking; fees are very competitive.